BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
October 27, 2020
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held October 27, 2020, in the board room and video conference of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 9:00 a.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order: Chris Harper, Jean Tinnin, Cliff Sowell, Ray Williams, TK King and Davis Poole. Also, present were President Dawn Malin and Executive Assistant Teresa Lightsey.
Board Attorney absent: Jay Duncan
Guest: Kathleen Russell
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting. Chris Harper read, Under circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety or the preservation of property or public services agencies or committees thereof …. may meet by means of teleconference so long as the notice required by this chapter is provided and means are afforded for the public to have simultaneous access to the teleconference meeting. That is O.C.G.A. section 54-14-1(g)
Chris Harper offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Davis Poole made the motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions, none were given. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the September 29, 2020 regular board meeting minutes. Ray Williams made the motion to approve the September 29, 2020 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Jean Tinnin. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the September 2020 financials which mirrored September 2019 with a shortfall of $2,500 due to low tax revenue this month. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
Old Business – None at this time
- Dawn Malin announced that she is wanting to develop an Existing Industry Job Portal on our website. Once developed, we will get in touch with local businesses and will have the job listings on our page and share with SEGA website. Businesses will have to get in touch with us to keep us updated on their job listings.
- Dawn Malin announced that the state has a Broadband legislation, passed in the 2018 session, which is intended to promote deployment of these services. The Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA) selected Deana Perry to lead the Broadband program. As Executive Director, Deana brings more than 20 years of industry experience.
Executive Session – None at this time
- Construction work at the old jail Art Center started a few weeks ago.
- Billboards on the Interstate have been updated. The installer mentioned that we do not have any backing which is causing the wind to rip through the vinyl’s. Currently working on getting estimate’s for installing the backing.
- Active projects are progressing as planned
- SEGA has reported that the car count has picked up at our local ports
- Have a virtual meeting with Ga Power
MCIDA Board Member Reports
- Davis Poole announced that he is still looking for a local contractor for the Kit Jones project
- Chris Harper announced that Blue N’ Hall has their Trout Tournament next month
- TK King is having a shrimp fry this Friday for the public and for Breast Cancer survivors he will be giving away 2lbs of uncooked shrimp.
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Davis Poole made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 9:25 a.m.
Next meeting will be Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 8:30 a.m. workshop & 9:00 a.m. meeting.