BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
February 3, 2022
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held February 3, 2022, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 9:00 a.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Davis Poole, Tom Draffin, Bill Hodges, and Sam Oliver. Also, present were President Dawn Malin, Attorney Jay Duncan and Executive Assistant Teresa McDermott.
Board Members: Jean Tinnin was absent
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Tom Draffin offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Bill Hodges made the motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the January 6, 2022, board meeting minutes. Davis Poole made the motion to approve the January 6, 2022 board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Cliff Sowell. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the January 2022 financials. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the January 2022 financials with mirrored the January 2021 financials with the exception of tax revenue. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Dawn Malin announced that the TIC Grant request list has not been made public yet.
- Dawn Malin announced that between our waterfront park and the old Boone’s seafood has been getting cleaned up. Also dealing with drainage issue on west side of bridge.
- Dawn Malin announced an update on Project Passion stating they have filed an appeal.
- Dawn Malin announced that Project Autumn has their principles coming to our area for the whole week looking for a site.
- Dawn Malin announced that Project Seahorse has been going since 2019. They told us to remain patient and they hope to have an announcement this month.
- Chris Harper announced that Blessing of the Fleet will be during April 1-3rd. The Chamber will be providing us the MOU and event insurance for the use of our waterfront park and fishing tournament in our industrial park. They have requested our assistance with the car show.
- Dawn Malin announced that the TIC committee met last Friday.
- Bill Hodges announced that there has already been $434,000 collected from Splost and the end of collection is in September. We have 5 years to spend funds after collection has ended.
- 2022 State of the Port Luncheon will be on March 9th.
- The vinyl sign at outlet mall will be removed.
- SEGA current coordinator Peggy Jolley is retiring. Looking to hire marketing/social media coordinator.
- Site Selector’s Guild is March 2nd-5th and I have been accepted to attend.
MCIDA Board Member Reports
- Davis Poole announced that there has been significant progress on Kit Jones. He feels 95% certain that Kit Jones will soon be located at the Old Jail building, hopefully by March.
Announcements – None at this time
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked if there was a need for Executive Session and Jay Duncan replied yes. Chris Harper called for a motion to move into Executive Session to discuss real estate. Cliff Sowell made the motion to move into Executive Session and Bill Hodges seconded the motion, the motion passed unanimously and at 9:33 a.m. the meeting moved into Executive Session.
At 10:41 a.m. the meeting moved out of Executive Session to regular session with a motion by Bill Hodges and seconded by Davis Poole. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Tom Draffin made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Davis Poole seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 10:42 a.m.
Next regular board meeting will be Thursday, March 4, 2022, 9:00 a.m. meeting.