BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
September 2, 2021
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held September 2, 2021, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 9:10 a.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, Tom Draffin, Bill Hodges, Sam Oliver and Davis Poole. Also, present were President Dawn Malin, Attorney Jay Duncan and Executive Assistant Teresa McDermott.
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Tom Draffin offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell made the motion to approve the agenda. Jean Tinnin seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the August 5, 2021 board meeting minutes Jean Tinnin made the motion to approve the August 5, 2021 board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Cliff Sowell. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the July 2021 financials with mirrored the July 2020 financials. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Dawn Malin announced that the American Recovery Plan Grant has extended their deadline from August 31st to October 31st which will allow us more time to apply. We hope to have it completed by end of September.
- Chris Harper announced that we will go into executive session to discuss RLF updates.
- Dawn Malin gave project updates.
- Project Passion appeal is moving forward
- Project Seahorse is moving forward and staying in touch with site selectors
- Another project from State and we had a site visit yesterday
- Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the 2021 Millage Rate. Jean Tinnin recommends that we keep the Millage rate at .976 which is the same as last year. Tom Draffin seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
- Dawn Malin announced that The Bounty of the Sea festival will be held in our park this year on September 17th & 18th. We have not received the MOU nor insurance document as of yet. Chris Harper requested that we approve the waterfront park usage for the Chamber and their Bounty of the Sea event. Once we have received the MOU and insurance then Dawn Malin and Jay Duncan will review it. Tom Draffin made the motion. Jean Tinnin seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked if there was a need for Executive Session and Jay Duncan replied yes. Chris Harper called for a motion to move into Executive Session to discuss updates of our RLF (Revolving Loan Fund). Tom Draffin made the motion to move into Executive Session and Jean Tinnin seconded the motion, the motion passed unanimously and at 9:24 a.m. the meeting moved into Executive Session.
At 9:39 a.m. the meeting moved out of Executive Session to regular session with a motion by Cliff Sowell and seconded by Tom Draffin. The motion carried unanimously.
- SEGA and project managers will meet next Tuesday for a “Local Cheers” at Waterfront Wine bar
- Site Selectors Guild is scheduled to evaluate our region in October
MCIDA Board Member Reports –
Davis Poole gave an update on the Georgia Outdoor Stewardship Program.
Announcements – None at this time
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Davis Poole made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 9:46 a.m.
Next meeting will be Thursday, October 7, 2021, 8:30 a.m. workshop & 9:00 a.m. meeting.