BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
October 7, 2021
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held October 7, 2021, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 9:00 a.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, Tom Draffin, Bill Hodges, Sam Oliver and Davis Poole. Also, present were President Dawn Malin, Attorney Jay Duncan and Executive Assistant Teresa McDermott.
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Tom Draffin offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Bill Hodges made the motion to approve the agenda. Sam Oliver seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. Bill Hodges requested to strike the audit report. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the September 2, 2021 board meeting minutes Davis Poole made the motion to approve the September 2, 2021 board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Jean Tinnin. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the August 2021 financials with mirrored the August 2020 financials except for the funding of the RLF in 2020. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Dawn Malin announced that she’s been working with Thomas & Hutton on the American Recovery Plan Grant and should receive report back next week.
- Dawn Malin gave a RLF update stating that we do not have an outstanding RLF but have had a discussion with a new business.
- Dawn Malin gave project updates:
- Project Seahorse had appraisal and moved to next phase of project. Although building costs has delayed some things. 1st Quarter of 2022 should announce.
- Foreign investment group is interested and will be back next week.
- Dawn Malin gave Waterfront Park update:
- We now only have 2 boats on the outside dock.
- The stairs beside the bridge is closed. Engineer and City is fixing run off issue.
- Site visit scheduled on 10/21 and want to have the Industrial Park looking great.
- Dawn Malin gave GDOT update stating that we will not have under bridge access during bridge replacement.
- Dawn Malin announced that SEGA Alliance has been working 1 ½ – 2 years on Site Selector Guild which will finally take place on October 20th-22nd. We will tour our Industrial Park then we will bring that report to Meet the Consultants in November to Atlanta.
- Audit Report-striked from agenda
- Chris Harper announced that we will have a short meeting the first part of December and Teresa McDermott will send out email to confirm when and location.
Executive Session – None at this time
President’s Report – None at this time
MCIDA Board Member Reports
- Bill Hodges invited board members out to visit Sapelo
- Davis Poole invited everyone to McIntosh Rod & Gun Club 2021 Annual Roast on the Coast & Nautical Flea Market event on October 23rd. Also, is already working on the next Excursion video to include more eco-tourism.
- Chris Harper announced that the Darien Fall Festival will be on November 6th.
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Bill Hodges made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Sam Oliver seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 9:22 a.m.
Next meeting will be Thursday, November 4, 2021, 8:30 a.m. workshop & 9:00 a.m. meeting.