BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
November 4, 2021
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held November 4, 2021, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 9:08 a.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, Tom Draffin, Bill Hodges, Sam Oliver and Davis Poole. Also, present were President Dawn Malin, Attorney Jay Duncan and Executive Assistant Teresa McDermott.
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Bill Hodges offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell made the motion to approve the agenda. Jean Tinnin seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. Dawn Malin requested to omit number 5 in New Business. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the October 7, 2021 board meeting minutes Bill Hodges made the motion to approve the October 7, 2021 board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Jean Tinnin. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the September 2021 financials with mirrored the September 2020 financials. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
Old Business — None at this time
- Arline & Wiggins presented 2020 audit. The final audit will be emailed to board members and then approved at the December board meeting.
- Dawn Malin announced that she is working on the 2022 preliminary budget & will be sending out the proposed budget for review soon.
- Chris Harper announced that the Intergovernmental Agreement with the County to help sell 3 acres of property on Hwy 251 is up for renewal. Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the Intergovernmental Agreement with the County for a 2-year period be renewed. Tom Draffin made the motion to approve the renewal. The motion was seconded by Bill Hodges. The motion carried unanimously.
- Dawn Malin announced that the committee for the waterfront park and docks have met and agreed to increase the dock slips for 30’ boats and larger due to costs for maintaining the docks and park beginning January 1, 2022. Bill Hodges made the motion to increase dock slips for 30’ and larger boats. The motion was seconded by Jean Tinnin. The motion carried unanimously.
- Dawn Malin announced that SEGA is looking into a virtual spec building. We do have money in Splost that was designated for a spec building.
Executive Session – None at this time
- Project Update
- Project Titan have been working on it for 1 ½ years which had contract on outlet mall for 9 months for a destination retail establishment. The project moved down south to exit 42 due to cost.
- Project Rover is still active for outlet mall. We will receive an update this Friday.
- Project Sonar did not select McIntosh for their site.
- Grant was submitted for water in the Industrial Park.
- GSU genie program is looking get a grant for kiosk and would like McIntosh to participate.
- Teresa & I met with the new DDA Director Deborah Gilkey. She had questions concerning bridge and beautification downtown.
- SSG Dallas – Fall forum was rescheduled due to hurricane. SEGA is paying so I will represent our region.
- Meet the consultants in Atlanta, unable to attend Chamber auction due to schedule conflict which will be on November 16th.
- The December board meeting/Christmas dinner will be on December 8th. Please bring spouse/significant other.
MCIDA Board Member Reports – None at this time
Announcements – None at this time
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Cliff Sowell made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Tom Draffin seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 9:52 a.m.
Next meeting will be Thursday, December 8, 2021, 5:00 p.m. meeting.