BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
May 25, 2021
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held May 25, 2021, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 9:02 a.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, Tom Draffin and Bill Hodges. Also, present were President Dawn Malin and Attorney Jay Duncan and Executive Assistant Teresa McDermott.
Guest: Kathleen Russell
Board Member: Sam Oliver & Davis Poole was absent
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Bill Hodges offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Bill Hodges made the motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to table the April 27, 2021 board meeting minutes Bill Hodges made the motion to table the April 27, 2021 board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Tom Draffin. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the April 2021 financials with mirrored the April 2020 financials with the only difference in monthly revenue. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Chris Harper requested that we skip the Chamber MOU – Blues on the Bluff due to us still waiting on Chamber to submit the MOU for the Blues on the Bluff.
- Chris Harper requested that we skip the Contract Extension and move into Executive Session to discuss.
New Business – none at this time
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked if there was a need for Executive Session and Jay Duncan replied yes. Chris Harper called for a motion to move into Executive Session to discuss Contract Extension. Tom Draffin made the motion to move into Executive Session and Cliff Sowell seconded the motion, the motion passed unanimously and at 9:03 a.m. the meeting moved into Executive Session.
At 10:32 a.m. the meeting moved out of Executive Session to regular session with a motion by Tom Draffin and seconded by Cliff Sowell. The motion carried unanimously.
Bill Hodges made a motion that we ask our attorney Jay Duncan to prepare a contract for our current president & we hope that she will stay with us. The contract will be for a term of three (3) years. The base salary of the new contract will be equal to her current base salary. There will be a one time signing bonus of $4,300. There will be a 6% match to 401k on an annual basis, and appropriate allowances as has been done in the past. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
- Committee meeting with County to discuss bridge renovation & downtown beautification.
- May 10th Chris Clark came to community. He will be opening office on June 8th in Brunswick.
- MCA held senior interviews on May 13th
- GEDA held annual workshop
- June 17th Annual Chamber Dinner
- June 30th Blues on the Bluff
- July 14th Listening Session at CRC, working on Regional Plan
- September 10th River Tour
- September 17th Bounty of the Fleet
- October 20th-21st Site Selections Guild
- No change in any of our projects
MCIDA Board Member Reports – None at this time
Announcements – None at this time
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Tom Draffin made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 10:03 a.m.
Next meeting will be Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 8:30 a.m. workshop & 9:00 a.m. meeting.