BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
March 30, 2021
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held March 30, 2021, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 9:00 a.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, Davis Poole, Sam Oliver, Tom Draffin and Bill Hodges. Also, present were President Dawn Malin and Attorney Jay Duncan and Executive Assistant Teresa McDermott.
Guest: Kathleen Russell
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Bill Hodges offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Jean Tinnin made the motion to approve the agenda. Davis Poole seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the February 23, 2021 regular board meeting minutes Sam Oliver made the motion to approve the February 23, 2021 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Jean Tinnin. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the March 15, 2021 called board meeting minutes Davis Poole made the motion to approve the March 15, 2021 called board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Sam Oliver. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the February 2021 financials with mirrored the February 2020 financials except for the tax revenue. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Dawn Malin gave an update on the boardwalk extension. The City/DDA/IDA has committed to funding. Dawn Malin and Richie Braun is working on permit.
- Dawn Malin gave an update on the Bridge. She met with the DOT last month concerning ADA access to the park.
- Dawn Malin gave an update on projects. We currently have 3 local projects with another state project that submitted an RFP.
- Chris Harper announced that the IDA board has their board retreat this coming Friday from 9-12. Any topics wanting to be discussed needs to be emailed to Dawn Malin before retreat so that she can add to agenda.
- Chris Harper announced that the Blessing of the Fleet is scheduled for April 18th at 2pm where they will bless the shrimp boats. Festival will be September 18th-19th.
Executive Session – None at this time
- Made several trips to the outlet mall and to the Industrial Park with interested prospect.
- Virtual table talk with site selectors.
MCIDA Board Member Reports
- Davis Poole announced that the McIntosh Rod & Gun Club is having a few events coming up
- Annual meeting this Saturday at 10am
- Spring Whiting Angler Tournament on April 17th
- The Oyster Roast will be October 23rd.
Announcements – None at this time
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Davis Poole made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Sam Oliver seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 9:14 a.m.
Next meeting will be Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 8:30 a.m. workshop & 9:00 a.m. meeting.