BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
June 29, 2021
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held June 29, 2021, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 9:02 a.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, Tom Draffin, Bill Hodges, Sam Oliver and Davis Poole. Also, present were President Dawn Malin and Attorney Jay Duncan and Executive Assistant Teresa McDermott.
Guest: Kathleen Russell
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Bill Hodges offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Sam Oliver made the motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the April 27, 2021 board meeting minutes Jean Tinnin made the motion to approve the April 27, 2021 board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Sam Oliver. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the May 25, 2021 board meeting minutes Davis Poole made the motion to approve the May 25, 2021 board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Jean Tinnin. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the May 2021 financials with mirrored the May 2020 financials with the only difference was in monthly revenue. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Chris Harper announced that we have a request coming for MOU from the Chamber for Blues on the Bluff event. We do not have a MOU that has been presented as of yet. Bill Hodges made a motion that when and if we receive a MOU it will be transmitted it to our attorney who will review it and if he finds it to be as our past agreements then he would recommend approving the MOU. Sam Oliver seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
- Chris Harper announced that we have been working on the workplan for 2021-2022. Once the small change has been made then the IDA will take that plan into effect. Chris thanked everyone for attending the retreat and for it being very productive.
- Chris Harper announced everyone was presented with the By-laws with the changes that are to be made. At our next meeting, (after our 30-day review period) and we will look to approve the changes. Chris thanked Tom Draffin and Bill Hodges for making the changes.
- Chris Harper announced that the CRC leases the building in our Industrial Park from us and has applied for a USDA funding. Dawn Malin said that the CRC has submitted a MOU to our attorney Jay Duncan. Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the acceptance of applying for the USDA grant application for the CRC. Jean Tinnin made the motion that IDA accept their request and sign the grant application for CRC. Davis Poole seconded the motion. Chris Harper added that the CRC sign off on the MOU as well. The motion carried unanimously.
- Chris Harper announced that we now have 2 committees:
- Waterfront & Dock committee – Sam Oliver, Davis Poole & Chris Harper
- Tidewaters Industrial Complex (TIC) Bill Hodges, Tom Draffin & Cliff Sowell
- Chris Harper announced that we will now have our board meetings on the first of Thursday of each month starting in August 5th. We will still have the July meeting on July 27th. Bill Hodges called for a motion to approve of the new board meeting dates. Davis Poole seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked if there was a need for Executive Session and Jay Duncan replied yes. Chris Harper called for a motion to move into Executive Session to discuss possible use of RLF (Revolving Loan Fund). Davis Poole made the motion to move into Executive Session and Tom Draffin seconded the motion, the motion passed unanimously and at 9:13 a.m. the meeting moved into Executive Session.
At 9:37 a.m. the meeting moved out of Executive Session to regular session with a motion by Davis Poole and seconded by Jean Tinnin. The motion carried unanimously.
Bill Hodges made a recommendation that we work up and prepare a SOP prior to any approvals from our RLF funds and this SOP be approved by our board prior to taking any action.
- Discussions with Thomas & Hutton & Alton Brown concerning changes of wetland litigation
- Ga Medical Cannibas Commission has announced board meeting on July 7th
- Blues on the Bluff July 3rd pending on approval of use of our park by Jay Duncan
MCIDA Board Member Reports – None at this time
Announcements – None at this time
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Davis Poole made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 9:43 a.m.
Next meeting will be Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 8:30 a.m. workshop & 9:00 a.m. meeting.