BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
July 27, 2021
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held July 27, 2021, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 9:05 a.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, Tom Draffin, Bill Hodges, Sam Oliver and Davis Poole. Also, present were President Dawn Malin and Attorney Jay Duncan and Executive Assistant Teresa McDermott.
Guest: Kathleen Russell
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Tom Draffin offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Davis Poole made the motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the June 29, 2021 board meeting minutes Jean Tinnin made the motion to approve the June 29, 2021 board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Sam Oliver. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the June 2021 financials with mirrored the June 2020 financials. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the IDA By Law revisions. Chris thanked Tom Draffin and Bill Hodges for putting together the By Law revision. Davis Poole made the motion to approve the By Law revisions. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
- Chris Harper announced that we composed a standardized RLF application. Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the RLF application revisions. Jean Tinnin made a motion to approve the RLF application revisions with one grammatical change. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
- Committee Reports
- Davis Poole announced that The Waterfront Dock & Park Committee met last week, and we have a very good plan in place. Transient dock space is opening up on the outside dock. Dawn Malin is putting a plan together for adding a walkway in the park.
- Tom Draffin announced that the Tidewaters Industrial Complex Committee met last week with Thomas & Hutton and discussed fire suppression, water needs & water supply. Tom discussed the American Recovery Act has a matching grant from August 1-30th. We are working on application and will be focusing on water supply. Hope to have this ready for review and approval by next board meeting.
- Dawn Malin discussed the American Recovery Act and the funding the state has received for around $250 million. This is a cash matching grant.
Executive Session – None at this time
- Have been waiting around a year and a half but unfortunately Project Flower and Project Passion did not receive state license. Either one of our projects came into top 4 with the State that was awarded license.
- Have been in contact with site selectors for Project Seahorse.
- Currently working with CRC for USDA grant application.
- Spartina Grill broke milestone in sales. Met threshold that should have been in 2 years but met in 9 months.
MCIDA Board Member Reports – None at this time
Announcements – None at this time
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Davis Poole made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Sam Oliver seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 9:22 a.m.
Next meeting will be Thursday, August 5, 2021, 8:30 a.m. workshop & 9:00 a.m. meeting.