BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
February 23, 2021
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held February 23, 2021, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 9:00 a.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell Davis Poole, Sam Oliver, Tom Draffin and Bill Hodges. Also, present were President Dawn Malin and Attorney Jay Duncan and Executive Assistant Teresa McDermott.
Board Member: Jean Tinnin was absent.
Guest: Kathleen Russell & Justin Glawe
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Tom Draffin offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Bill Hodges made the motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the January 26, 2021 regular board meeting minutes Bill Hodges made the motion to approve the January 26, 2021 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Cliff Sowell. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the January 2021 financials with mirrored the January 2020 financials except for the tax revenue and expense. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Dawn Malin gave an update on the Old Jail building maintenance. Andrews Construction has completed the window repairs and maintenance in the old jail. While removing some of the wood/windows they have found $1,800 additional repairs this year. Andrews Construction also pointed out some exterior wood and repainting and stairwell for $6,000. Dawn Malin will send out RFP for estimates.
- Dawn Malin announced that the City, DDA and IDA will cover the initial costs for extension of the boardwalk on the east side of the bridge. It will be for public use and access. Estimate of costs will be $125k. Permit and application is still needed. Bill Hodges requested a motion to approve for the IDA to contribute up to $35k toward the permitting and construction of the boardwalk extension with the City being the owner. Sam Oliver seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
- Dawn Malin announced that the bank signature cards need to be updated to reflect the removal and adding of board members. The recommendation is to remove TK King and Ray Williams from the bank signature cards and add Sam Oliver and Davis Poole as signers. Tom Draffin made the motion to update bank signature cards. Bill Hodges seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
- Dawn Malin announced that the State has put out a new Tier Status for 2021. McIntosh County has now been moved to Tier Status 2. It is a positive and a disadvantage for us.
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked if there was a need for Executive Session and Jay Duncan replied yes. Chris Harper called for a motion to move into Executive Session to discuss real estate. Cliff Sowell made the motion to move into Executive Session and Bill Hodges seconded the motion, the motion passed unanimously and at 9:11 a.m. the meeting moved into Executive Session.
At 10:06 a.m. the meeting moved out of Executive Session to regular session with a motion by Cliff Sowell and seconded by Bill Hodges. The motion carried unanimously.
- New business plan for proposal Project Bill Chill
- Project Passion and Project Flower have submitted applications for the process of state license
- Project Seahorse going back to the table to see about new construction instead of using existing building
- UGA has a USDA program and would like municipalities support
- SEGA had a meeting last month. James Coughlin from Camden County is the new chairman and Jean Tinnin is the new representative on the board.
MCIDA Board Member Reports – None at this time
- Chris Harper mentioned the Annual Board Member Retreat needs to be scheduled soon. Dawn will send out available dates to everyone so that we can get it scheduled soon.
- Blessing of the Fleet Boat Parade is April 18th. Blessing of the Fleet Festival is September 17-18th.
- The 18th Annual Chamber Golf Tournament is March 13th.
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Bill Hodges made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Sam Oliver seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 10:27 a.m.
Next meeting will be Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 8:30 a.m. workshop & 9:00 a.m. meeting.