BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
April 27, 2021
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held April 27, 2021, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 9:02 a.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, Davis Poole, Tom Draffin and Bill Hodges. Also, present were President Dawn Malin and Attorney Jay Duncan and Executive Assistant Teresa McDermott.
Guest: Kathleen Russell
Board Member: Sam Oliver was absent
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Tom Draffin offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Davis Poole made the motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the April 2, 2021 board retreat meeting minutes Bill Hodges made the motion to approve the April 2, 2021 board retreat meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Davis Poole. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the March 30, 2021 regular board meeting minutes Davis Poole made the motion to approve the March 30, 2021 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Cliff Sowell. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the March 2021 financials with mirrored the March 2020 financials. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Chris Harper requested a motion to approve Project Flower Extension. Bill Hodges made a motion to extend for up to 60 days current contract upon receipt of an appropriate written request approved by our attorney Jay Duncan. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
- Dawn Malin gave an update on the Hwy 17 Bridge GDOT project. She spoke with the DOT last week concerning ADA access to the park and to discuss the offset for the loss to our community for the next 4 years.
- Chris Harper announced that the IDA board is looking for a review committee for our By-Laws, Policies, and Procedures. Bill Hodges and Tom Draffin agreed to review them and come back to the board with their recommendations then the Board will go over recommendations in June.
- Chris Harper announced that the IDA board needs to schedule a workplan retreat soon. Available dates will be sent out for June so that this workplan retreat can be scheduled.
- Dawn Malin announced that Alex Smetana with the McIntosh Chamber will be sending over the Chamber MOU for the upcoming Blues on the Bluff held in our waterfront park.
- Chris Harper announced that the board will go into Executive Session to discuss this matter.
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked if there was a need for Executive Session and Jay Duncan replied yes. Chris Harper called for a motion to move into Executive Session to discuss Contract Extension: real estate, employee & RLF. Tom Draffin made the motion to move into Executive Session and Cliff Sowell seconded the motion, the motion passed unanimously and at 9:10 a.m. the meeting moved into Executive Session.
At 10:32 a.m. the meeting moved out of Executive Session to regular session with a motion by Tom Draffin and seconded by Cliff Sowell. The motion carried unanimously.
- Sapelo Hammock Golf Club will host an event on May 2nd
- McIntosh Art & Association will host Shrimp & Oysters silent auction on May 15.
- Chamber will be hosting Blues on the Bluff at our waterfront park on July 3rd
- Site Selector’s Guild will be on October 20-21
MCIDA Board Member Reports
- Davis Poole announced that the McIntosh Rod & Gun Club had a very successful tournament. Fed probably 60-70 people.
Announcements – None at this time
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Davis Poole made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 10:38 a.m.
Next meeting will be Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 8:30 a.m. workshop & 9:00 a.m. meeting.