BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
May 26, 2020
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held May 26, 2020, in the board room and video conference of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 9:00 a.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order: Chris Harper, Jean Tinnin, Cliff Sowell, Ray Williams, Buddy DeLoach and Davis Poole. Also, present were President Dawn Malin, Attorney Jay Duncan, and Executive Assistant Teresa Gibson.
Board Member absent: TK King.
Guest: Kathleen Russell
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting. Chris Harper read, Under circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety or the preservation of property or public services agencies or committees thereof …. may meet by means of teleconference so long as the notice required by this chapter is provided and means are afforded for the public to have simultaneous access to the teleconference meeting. That is O.C.G.A. section 54-14-1(g)
Buddy DeLoach offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell made the motion to approve the agenda. Davis Poole seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. None were given and the motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the April 28, 2020 regular board meeting minutes Davis Poole made the motion to approve the April 28, 2020 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Cliff Sowell. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the April 2020 financials which mirrored April 2019 with no real exception. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Dawn Malin gave updates on projects.
- Project Passion is looking for 10-15 acres in Industrial Park and had land surveyed last week.
- Project Daniel met several times this past month.
- Mr. Lucas would like to meet with us next month. City approved variance. Mr. Lucas had to reconfigure the curbs and driveway to help with headlights for condos across the street.
- Spartina Grill will be opening mid-July. Will be reopening Sapelo Station with new management.
- Dawn Malin announced that the billboard in the Industrial Park on I-95 will be updated with new signs on the northbound and southbound sides.
- Dawn Malin announced that Saralyn Stafford contacted us from EDA and has requested a letter of interest for UGA – Planning Rural Opportunities for Prosperity and Economic Leadership (PROPEL) set up using EDA (federal) Funding.
- Dawn Malin announced that Census is reminding everyone to fill out their Census report and the importance it is to every citizen in McIntosh County.
- Dawn Malin announced that the Chamber is hosting a Drive-in movie on June 6th with a rain date of June 13th at the outlet mall. The movies being shown will be Sonic the Hedgehog and Peanut Butter Falcon.
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked if there was a need for Executive Session and Jay Duncan replied yes. Chris Harper called for a motion to move into Executive Session to real estate and RLF. Ray Williams made the motion to move into Executive Session and Davis Poole seconded the motion, the motion passed unanimously and at 9:26 a.m. the meeting moved into Executive Session.
At 10:02 a.m. the meeting moved out of Executive Session to regular session with a motion by Davis Poole and seconded by Ray Williams. The motion carried unanimously.
President’s Report – Dawn Malin said we are still having countless zoom meetings.
MCIDA Board Member Reports – Cliff Sowell announced that Carl Vincent Institute is producing webinars for county boards. It will be a series of 4 webinars.
Announcements – Davis Poole announced that the Excursion Part 2 came out last week. David Zelski will be coming back to town for Georgia grown features.
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Buddy DeLoach made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 10:08 a.m.
Next meeting will be Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 8:30 a.m. workshop & 9:00 a.m. meeting.