BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
June 30, 2020
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held June 30, 2020, in the board room and video conference of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 9:02 a.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order: Chris Harper, Jean Tinnin, Cliff Sowell, Ray Williams, TK King, Buddy DeLoach and Davis Poole. Also, present were President Dawn Malin, Attorney Jay Duncan, and Executive Assistant Teresa Gibson.
Guest: Kathleen Russell
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting. Chris Harper read, Under circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety or the preservation of property or public services agencies or committees thereof …. may meet by means of teleconference so long as the notice required by this chapter is provided and means are afforded for the public to have simultaneous access to the teleconference meeting. That is O.C.G.A. section 54-14-1(g)
Ray Williams offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell made the motion to approve the agenda. Jean Tinnin seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. Under New Business add GA Power agreement. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the May 26, 2020 regular board meeting minutes Ray Williams made the motion to approve the May 26, 2020 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Cliff Sowell. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the June 5, 2020 called board meeting minutes Jean Tinnin made the motion to approve the June 5, 2020 called board meeting minutes with the exception of the last sentence needs to be omitted in Project Jump Start paragraph. The motion was seconded by Cliff Sowell. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the May 2020 financials which mirrored May 2019 with no real exception. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Dawn Malin announced that we sent Planning Rural Opportunities for Prosperity and Economic Leadership (PROPEL) letter of interest.
- Chris Harper announced that there is a need to discuss Land sale in Executive Session so we will continue with new business then move into Executive Session.
- Dawn Malin announced the Old Jail lease extension is coming up. Their intent is to renew lease and we will discuss terms over the next couple of months.
- Dawn Malin announced that we had a request from the County to look at our restrictions because Dennis Wortham would like to warehouse his vehicles inside his fence at his property in our Industrial Park. We will send letter of support to county for this project.
- Chris Harper announced that Georgia Power requests an updated 5-year agreement to park trucks on IP land during hurricane season as needed. Buddy DeLoach made the motion to approve the 5-year agreement with Georgia Power. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked if there was a need for Executive Session and Jay Duncan replied yes. Chris Harper called for a motion to move into Executive Session to land sale. Davis Poole made the motion to move into Executive Session and Ray Williams seconded the motion, the motion passed unanimously and at 9:14 a.m. the meeting moved into Executive Session.
At 9:32 a.m. the meeting moved out of Executive Session to regular session with a motion by Ray Williams and seconded by Jean Tinnin. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper called for a motion to approve the sale of fifteen acres for fifteen thousand dollars with buyback clause. Ray Williams made the motion to approve the land sale of fifteen acres for fifteen thousand dollars with buyback clause. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously except for Buddy DeLoach due to his absence.
- MCA senior car parade was on June 29th
- Chamber hosted 2 drive in movies on June 13th
- Had a meeting on the 10th with a company who was looking for a building in the community. We toured the IP & outlet mall. Potential conversation.
- Showed 251 property to a company that has 50 drive in movie theaters
- Alliance did not have board meeting this month
- City will be having an engineer look at the City dock
- Saturday, July 4th Chad Drury will be doing fireworks from his barge in the river
MCIDA Board Member Reports – None were given
Announcements – None were given
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Cliff Sowell made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Jean Tinnin seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 9:51 a.m.
Next meeting will be Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 8:30 a.m. workshop & 9:00 a.m. meeting.