BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
July 28, 2020
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held July 28, 2020, in the board room and video conference of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 9:00 a.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order: Chris Harper, Jean Tinnin, Cliff Sowell, Ray Williams, TK King, Buddy DeLoach and Davis Poole. Also, present were President Dawn Malin, Attorney Jay Duncan, and Executive Assistant Teresa Gibson.
Guest: Kathleen Russell
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting. Chris Harper read, Under circumstances necessitated by emergency conditions involving public safety or the preservation of property or public services agencies or committees thereof …. may meet by means of teleconference so long as the notice required by this chapter is provided and means are afforded for the public to have simultaneous access to the teleconference meeting. That is O.C.G.A. section 54-14-1(g)
Buddy DeLoach offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell made the motion to approve the agenda. Jean Tinnin seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the June 30, 2020 regular board meeting minutes Jean Tinnin made the motion to approve the June 30, 2020 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Buddy DeLoach. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the June 2020 financials which mirrored June 2019 with no real exception. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Dawn Malin announced that we received the letter from the McIntosh Art Association stating that they would like to extend the ten-year lease with us.
- Dawn Malin announced that the World Trade Center has a re-appointment of board member. Bill Hill was nominated originally but due to health reasons, Michael Hardy has been serving as an interim roll.
- Dawn Malin requested that we open another checking account at Southeastern Bank for our dock so that we can have the ability to accept credit card payments. The signers on the account will be Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, TK King and Dawn Malin. Buddy DeLoach called for a motion to open the additional checking account at Southeastern Bank. Ray Williams seconded the motion. Chris Harper abstained. The motion carried unanimously.
Executive Session – None were given
- SEGA had executive meeting last week. We have been working on website and photos.
- Check out Choose ATL website
- Oaks on the River is in design phase. Hotel manager is living at condos & already working
- A lot of web training
MCIDA Board Member Reports
- Cliff Sowell said that Savannah was chosen as first site with clinical trial for the Coronoavirus
- Ray Williams announced that Zio Carlos offers coffee with cop on the third Thursday of each month
- Dawn Malin announced that Molly Janes is open in the downtown area. Lots of wonderful merchandise.
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Ray Williams made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Jean Tinnin seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 9:27 a.m.
Next meeting will be Tuesday, August 25, 2020, 8:30 a.m. workshop & 9:00 a.m. meeting.