BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
October 29, 2019
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held October 29, 2019, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 9:00 a.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order were: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, Ray Williams, TK King, Buddy DeLoach and Davis Poole. Also, present were President Dawn Malin, Attorney Jay Duncan, and Executive Assistant Teresa Gibson.
Guest: Kathleen Russell
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Ray Williams offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Jean Tinnin made the motion to approve the agenda. Ray Williams seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. Chris Harper requested to delete item number one in new business and the motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the September 30, 2019 regular board meeting minutes Ray Williams made the motion to approve the September 30, 2019 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Cliff Sowell. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the September 2019 financials which September 2018 with no notable differences in income or expenses. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
Davis Poole announced the second Excursion filming of McIntosh County will be November 4-5th. It includes a day of fishing and shrimping. Looking to air in March.
New Business – None at this time
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked if there was a need for Executive Session and Jay Duncan replied yes. Chris Harper called for a motion to move into Executive Session to discuss open record request. Buddy DeLoach made the motion to move into Executive Session and Cliff Sowell seconded the motion, the motion passed unanimously and at 9:06 a.m. the meeting moved into Executive Session.
At 9:20 a.m. the meeting moved out of Executive Session to regular session with a motion to by Cliff Sowell and seconded by Jean Tinnin. The motion carried unanimously.
- October 2 – Attended State of the Port Brunswick along with some board members
- October 7-8 – Lucas Project went before Planning & Review committee
- October 14 – ACCG came and inspected our buildings/assets
- October 16 – SEGA meeting
- October 17 – Met with Kate Monahan
- October 25 – Teresa & I attended Google training class
MCIDA Board Member Reports
- Buddy Deloach announced that he appreciates the new board meeting schedule
- October 31st – TK King & GA State Patrol will have helicopter and GSP cars come and celebrate Halloween and have food and treats for the kids
- November 2-3 – Fall Festival
- November 4-5 – Excursion 2nd Episode Filming
- November 6 – WTC Savannah FTZ with IDO/FTZ representative
- November 15 – Board Retreat
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Cliff Sowell made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Davis Poole seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 9:35 a.m.
Next meeting will be Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 8:00 a.m. workshop and 9:00 a.m. meeting.