BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
November 26, 2019
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held November 26, 2019, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 9:00 a.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, Ray Williams, TK King, Buddy DeLoach and Davis Poole. Also, present were President Dawn Malin, Attorney Jay Duncan, and Executive Assistant Teresa Gibson.
Guest: Kathleen Russell
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Buddy DeLoach offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Buddy DeLoach made the motion to approve the agenda. Ray Williams seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. Chris Harper requested to add item number five in new business and the motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the October 29, 2019 regular board meeting minutes Jean Tinnin made the motion to approve the October 29, 2019 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Ray Williams. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the October 2019 financials which October 2018 with no notable differences in income or expenses. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
Dawn Malin announced that the MOU with the McIntosh Art Association is being reviewed concerning maintenance issues.
- Dawn Malin announced that during our Board Retreat there was discussion on hosting a Community Outreach kick off where it will be a social event to discuss Community Development and Leadership Development and how we can be one voice.
- Dawn Malin announced that a Strategic Planning also came out of the Board Retreat as well. Looking for a facilitator for the Strategic Planning.
- Jay Duncan discussed the importance of confidentiality from the board members.
- Dawn Malin discussed the 2020 budget and should be ready to be approved at the next board meeting.
- Dawn Malin requested a motion to approve the letter of credit with Coastal Electric which secures the line of credit through USDA. Cliff Sowell made the motion to approve the letter of credit and Buddy DeLoach seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously with Chris Harper abstaining.
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked if there was a need for Executive Session and Jay Duncan replied yes. Chris Harper called for a motion to move into Executive Session to discuss property and personnel. Ray Williams made the motion to move into Executive Session and Davis Poole seconded the motion, the motion passed unanimously and at 9:20 a.m. the meeting moved into Executive Session.
At 9:56 a.m. the meeting moved out of Executive Session to regular session with a motion to by Jean Tinnin and seconded by Davis Poole. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion, Buddy DeLoach made the motion to extend the time that IDO Free Trade Zone, Corp (IDO) has to develop all real property located in the McIntosh County Industrial Park that it owns or has an interest in until July 31, 2022 which corresponds to the extension date given by the United States Department of Commerce Foreign Trade Zone Board. This is contingent upon the IDO retaining counsel at their own expense to reduce the extension agreement to writing and said agreement is subject to the approval of the Chairman, CEO/President and counsel for the MCIDA. If the real property is not developed by the extension date and in accordance with this agreement and any prior agreements between the IDO and MCIDA the MCIDA could tender the sum of $500 per acre to the IDO for the reversion and repurchase of the real property and the IDO would sign a deed conveying the real property the MCIDA. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
- October 31 – TK held a community event for Halloween
- November 2-3 – Community Fall Festival
- November 4 – Chamber Auction at Skipper’s well attended
- November 6 – WTC Sav hosted the FTZ workshop
- November 7 – Spoke on behalf of SEGA at the State Regional Commission Annual Conference
- November 8 –Met with Clay to walk the old office site to identify a location for the restaurant dumpster
- November 8 – Follow up call with IDO FTZ and representative
- November 14 – Site visit by project passion
- November 15 – Board Retreat
- November 18 – SEDC in Atlanta Capital Connection. Federal Organizations
- November 19 – Lucas project presented in the city council workshop
- November 21 – Community Prosperity Training Summit
- November 25 – Meeting with Coastal Georgia Foundation
MCIDA Board Member Reports
- Buddy Deloach announced that he was very pleased from the Board Retreat
- December 3 – Meeting with Next Site Retail recruiters
- December 5 – SEGA Retreat at CRC
- December 6 – Ashantilly Open House
- December 8 – Holiday Kick Off, parade and tree lighting
- December 9 – IDA meeting/dinner
- December 12 – Chamber Business After Hours/Fort King George
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Cliff Sowell made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Jean Tinnin seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 10:14 a.m.
Next meeting will be Monday, December 9, 2019, 5:30 p.m. meeting.