BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
May 20, 2019
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held May 20, 2019, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 6:00 p.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order were: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, Ray Williams, TK King, and Davis Poole. Also, present were President Dawn Malin, Attorney Jay Duncan, and Executive Assistant Teresa Gibson.
Board Member: Buddy DeLoach was absent
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Ray Williams offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Jean Tinnin made the motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. None were given and the motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the April 29, 2019 regular board meeting minutes Cliff Sowell made the motion to approve the April 29, 2019 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by TK King. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the April 2019 financials which mirrored April 2018 with no notable differences other than still waiting on the mall assessment. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Dawn Malin announced that CRC has given a letter of intent stating CRC has asked to extend their lease in their existing location.
- Davis Poole announced that the Excursion Filming will take place in McIntosh on July 1-3. They will be filming McIntosh Beauty with different sites and even a day in the life as a crabber.
- Dawn Malin announced that she’s had several inquiries for the outlet mall along with a company that has other locations interested in our Industrial Park.
New Business – none at this time
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked if there was a need for Executive Session and Jay Duncan replied yes. Chris Harper called for a motion to move into Executive Session to discuss Real Estate. Ray Williams made the motion to move into Executive Session. The motion was seconded by Jean Tinnin. The motion carried unanimously and at 6:09 p.m. the meeting moved into Executive Session.
At 6:27 p.m. the meeting moved out of Executive Session to regular session with a motion by Cliff Sowell & Ray Williams seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
- SEGA Alliance received an invitation to a large supply DIVE conference in the Fall.
- Leadership Southeast Georgia had their last session. Spoke with Ron Stevens about filming in McIntosh County, he will follow up with me soon.
- World Trade Center had their annual awards lunch in Savannah. Hoping that McIntosh will be honored next year.
MCIDA Board Member Reports
- Ray Williams announced that Wall Street Journal will be publishing a story on the Sapelo Hammock Golf Course on June 7th.
- June 5 – Ga Power website training in Vidalia
- June 6-8 – Leadership Southeast Georgia graduation weekend
- June 8 – BRAG (Bicycles Ride Across Georgia) will be ending their tour here in Darien. Chamber is looking for volunteers.
- June 17 – Southeast GA Alliance event in Atlanta
- June 19 – Southeast GA Alliance meeting
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Davis Poole made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 6:34 p.m.
Next meeting will be Monday, June 24, 2019, 5:00 p.m. workshop and 6:00