BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
March 25, 2019
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held March 25, 2019, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 6:00 p.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order were: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Ray Williams, Jean Tinnin, Buddy DeLoach, and Davis Poole. Also, present were President Dawn Malin, Attorney Jay Duncan, and Executive Assistant Teresa Gibson.
Board Member: TK King was absent
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Buddy DeLoach offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell made the motion to approve the agenda. Ray Williams seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. Jay Duncan requested to remove item number one in new business and the motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the February 25, 2019 regular board meeting minutes Ray Williams made the motion to approve the February 25, 2019 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Cliff Sowell. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the February 2019 financials which mirrored February 2018 with no notable differences other than the sale of property last year. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Chris Harper announced that Jay Duncan and Ad Poppell have agreed with the language on the property usage amendment. Board will need to move into executive session to agree with the amendment.
- Chris Harper announced that Thursday, April 4th Blessing of the Fleet with have their Fisherman’s dinner with festivities on the weekend of April 5-7th. Chamber will use waterfront park as normal. Chris Harper thanked Mr. Lucas for allowing Chamber to use the old IDA building during the Blessing of the Fleet.
- Dawn Malin announced that the World Trade Center Savannah Irish delegation will be arriving April 1st with 12 delegates. SEGA will host dinner at Skipper’s which will be a good representation for our community.
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked if there was a need for Executive Session and Jay Duncan replied yes. Chris Harper called for a motion to move into Executive Session to discuss Real Estate. Buddy DeLoach made the motion to move into Executive Session. The motion was seconded by Jean Tinnin. The motion carried unanimously and at 6:10 p.m. the meeting moved into Executive Session.
At 6:28 p.m. the meeting moved out of Executive Session to regular session with a motion by Jean Tinnin and Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
Cliff Sowell called for a motion to accept Intergovernmental agreement with McIntosh County for the acquisition of 3 acres on Hwy 251 in the understanding with amendment to maintenance and net proceeds. Davis Poole seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
- Georgia Power Design Team visited us on February 26th which went well, and the team enjoyed their visit.
- Attended the final meeting for McIntosh County Disaster Recovery and Redevelopment Plan on February 27th to discuss what happens after disaster strikes.
- Attended State of the City meeting on February 28th and discussed replacing water meters.
- On March 5-6th College and Career Academy met for strategic planning.
- LSEGA held a 2-day event on March 7-8th in Bulloch County.
- McIntosh Chamber had their gold outing on March 8th.
- March 15th Georgia Power hosted Georgia Housing Conversation to raise awareness about housing issue and to figure out how to make things work.
- Excursion film crew had to reschedule their filming from March 17-19 to week of May 27th.
- Meet the Consultants SEGA is a silver sponsor for the event and was held on March 20-22.
MCIDA Board Member Reports
- Chris Harper announced that Fisherman’s dinner will be on Thursday, April 4th following with Blessing of the Fleet on April 5th-7th.
- McIntosh County Sherriff’s office will host their annual golf tournament on May 18th.
- Ray Williams reported that Sapelo Hammock is working hard on maintenance and improvements.
- Ray Williams reported that Shellman’s Bluff St. Patrick’s parade had their best crowd ever.
Announcements – none at this time
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Ray Williams made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Jean Tinnin seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously, the meeting adjourned at 6:42 p.m.
Next meeting will be Monday, April 29, 2019, 5:00 p.m. workshop and 6:00 p.m. meeting.