BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
June 24, 2019
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held June 24, 2019, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 6:00 p.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order were: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, Ray Williams, TK King, Buddy DeLoach and Davis Poole. Also, present were President Dawn Malin, Attorney Jay Duncan, and Executive Assistant Teresa Gibson.
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Buddy DeLoach offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Jean Tinnin made the motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. None were given and the motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the May 20, 2019 regular board meeting minutes Davis Poole made the motion to approve the May 20, 2019 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Buddy DeLoach. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the May 2019 financials which mirrored May 2018 with no notable differences other than collection of funds on the mall assessment. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Davis Poole announced that the Excursion Filming will take place in McIntosh on July 1-3. They will be filming Sapelo Island on Monday, Day in the Life as a Crabber on Tuesday and Sapelo Hammock on Wednesday. They will be filming at bed and breakfasts and local sights in between the 3 days as well.
- Dawn Malin gave an update on the 6 projects that she is currently working on for our community. More to come on this.
- Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the MOU for Kit Jones once it is approved by our legal counsel. Buddy DeLoach made the motion to approve the MOU for Kit Jones once it is approved by our legal counsel. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. Davis Poole abstained.
- Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the MOU for Ashantilly to apply for a Tourism Product Development Grant for signage. Ray Williams made the motion to approve the MOU. Jean Tinnin seconded the motion.
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked if there was a need for Executive Session and Jay Duncan replied no.
- The Industrial Park property that was scheduled for a tax sale resolved the back tax issue.
- Teresa Gibson attended the Georgia Power Site Selection training in Vidalia on June 5th.
- Leadership Southeast GA held their graduation for me and others on June 8th.
- BRAG (Bicycles Ride Across Georgia) used our waterfront park on June 8th.
- Met with Hussey Gay Bell engineering firm who visited our area on June 18th.
- Met with Ad, Shawn, and Jennifer Fordham from DCA to discuss DCA funds and Rural Designation on June 19th.
- Southeast GA Alliance met on June 19th with 7 project managers.
- Attended the Chamber dinner. TK King was awarded the Business Leader of the Year and Teresa Gibson was awarded the Volunteer of the Year.
- Mary Kathryn Griffin the new GDECD Regional Rep came and had a boat tour of McIntosh on June 21st.
MCIDA Board Member Reports
- Davis Poole announced that he is going to Savannah to meet with the Irish Delegation
- Ray Williams announced that Sapelo Hammock had an article come out in the Wall Street Journal. He is also working on adding Shellman to signage.
- June 29 – Blues on the Bluff
- July 1-3 – Excursion Filming
- July 4 – Holiday
- July 17 – Southeast GA Alliance
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Buddy DeLoach made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Ray Williams seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 6:24 p.m.
Next meeting will be Monday, July 29, 2019, 5:00 p.m. workshop and 6:00 p.m. meeting.