BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
July 29, 2019
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held July 29, 2019, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 6:00 p.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order were: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, Ray Williams, Buddy DeLoach and Davis Poole. Also, present were President Dawn Malin, Attorney Jay Duncan, and Executive Assistant Teresa Gibson.
Board Member TK King was absent.
Guest: Kathleen Russell
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Ray Williams offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Davis Poole made the motion to approve the agenda. Ray Williams seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. None were given and the motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the June 24, 2019 regular board meeting minutes Buddy DeLoach made the motion to approve the June 24, 2019 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Cliff Sowell. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the June 2019 financials which mirrored June 2018 with no notable differences in income or expenses. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
1. Davis Poole announced that the Excursion Filming was a great success and had outstanding weather the entire 3 days of filming. Filmed at Sapelo Island, day in the life of a crabber and bed & breakfasts and other local sights. First airing will be on August 17th at 9:30 a.m.
2. Department of Transportation hosted a meeting at CRC building concerning the update on the Darien Bridge. As of now the construction begin date has changed from year 2021 to year 2025.
1. Chris Harper announced that the Industrial Park loan for paving and striping is paid in full. Original loan was for entrance of Industrial Park with a loan amount of 1.1 million. Recently the loan was to repave and stripe the older section of the Industrial Park.
2. Chris Harper announced the bank note on the old YDC building currently the CRC building will need to renew the 7-year balloon note to an 8-year term loan to be then paid in full. Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the renewal of bank note allowing Cliff Sowell to be the designated signer. Davis Poole made the motion to approve the renewal of bank note. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously. Chris Harper abstained.
3. Chris Harper announced that the Tax Digest- Setting of Millage Rate for McIntosh County is back up for approval and adoption.
4. Dawn Malin met with IDO & Thomas & Hutton engineer concerning the Industrial Park and possible warehouse being built.
5. Dawn Malin received call from GA Economic Development concerning the Adam Strain Building. We have been asked for a letter of support of the Adam Strain Building with no financial requests.
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked if there was a need for Executive Session and Jay Duncan replied yes. Chris Harper called for a motion to move into Executive Session to discuss Property Lease Extension. Jean Tinnin made the motion to move into Executive Session and Ray Williams seconded the motion, the motion passed unanimously and at 6:27 p.m. the meeting moved into Executive Session.
At 6:35 p.m. the meeting moved out of Executive Session to regular session with a motion to by Buddy DeLoach and seconded by Davis Poole. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to proceed with public meetings for approving and adopting the Tax Digest – Setting of Millage Rate. Buddy DeLoach made the motion to approve the Tax Digest – Setting of Millage. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
1. July 1-3 Excursion Filming took place in McIntosh County with Davis and Laurie Poole were wonderful ambassadors for the community.
2. Kit Jones is now at our Tidewaters Industrial Park
3. Had a great meeting with the outlet mall owner and a developer
4. Met with Thomas & Hutton engineer and IDO representative
5. DOT held Darien bridge meeting at our CRC building
MCIDA Board Member Reports
• Dawn Malin announced that GEDA luncheon will be held in Columbus this month
• Chris Harper announced that Lucas project is still moving ahead and on schedule. Restaurant site will be starting construction on old IDA building within the next 45 days.
• August 28th – Panel Discussion will be held with 17 project managers
• Darien Sports Bar should be open by football season
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Buddy DeLoach made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Ray Williams seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously; the meeting adjourned at 6:49 p.m.
Next meeting will be Monday, August 26, 2019, 5:00 p.m. workshop and 6:00 p.m. meeting.