BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
February 25, 2019
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held February 25, 2019, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 6:00 p.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order were: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Ray Williams, TK King, Buddy DeLoach, and Davis Poole. Also, present were President Dawn Malin, Attorney Jay Duncan, and Executive Assistant Teresa Gibson.
Board Member: Jean Tinnin was absent
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Ray Williams offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Buddy DeLoach made the motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. Chris Harper asked to change item number 4 in new business to an action item and the motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the January 28, 2019 regular board meeting minutes Cliff Sowell made the motion to approve the January 28, 2019 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Buddy DeLoach. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the January 2019 financials which mirrored January 2018 with no notable differences. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Dawn Malin announced that there will be a side bar conference in Savannah on April 26th for our new Board Members and for those that were unable to attend the last class.
- Chris Harper announced that due to a holiday in May that we will need to change our May monthly board meeting. Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the May board meeting date to be changed to May 20th instead of May 27th. Davis Poole made the motion to approve the May 20th monthly board meeting. The motion was seconded by Ray Williams. The motion carried unanimously.
- Chris Harper announced that BRAG (Bike Riders Across Georgia) would like to use our waterfront park on June 8th for their last day of their Bike Ride Across Georgia.
- Covenant Restrictions on property at Outlet mall discussion resulted in board members to discuss issues in Executive Session.
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked if there was a need for Executive Session and Jay Duncan replied yes. Chris Harper called for a motion to move into Executive Session to discuss Real Estate. Cliff Sowell made the motion to move into Executive Session. The motion was seconded by Ray Williams. The motion carried unanimously and at 6:32 p.m. the meeting moved into Executive Session.
At 6:37 p.m. the meeting moved out of Executive Session to regular session with a motion by Ray Williams & TK King seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
Dawn Malin called for a motion regarding the out parcel, located at the Darien Outlet Mall site, more commonly known as the Wendy’s building. Buddy Deloach made the Motion to amend or modify the Supplemental Agreement Regarding Restrictions, Easements and Maintenance Obligations which is recorded in Deed Book 260 pages 301-307 in the office of the Clerk of Superior Court of McIntosh County to allow the building and site to be used for a welcome/visitor’s center as the current agreement restricts the use and only allows for it to be utilized as a restaurant. Davis Poole seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
- Attended a Business Expo on January 31st at Jekyll Island along with many vendors.
- Attended the first Leadership Southeast Georgia meeting on February 1-3 in Glynn County and group was able to look at pros and cons of Oyster Farming.
- Met with Amy Carter and her group on February 7-8th and was able to drive them to our Industrial Park and discuss McIntosh County. They seemed very pleased with their tour and information on our County.
- Economic Outlook meeting went well on February 11th. Housing and workforce are growing and McIntosh as a Region has grown 4%.
- Spoke with the ongoing potential project for our area and we are still number one site in Georgia.
MCIDA Board Member Reports
- Buddy DeLoach and Davis Poole reported on their trip to Atlanta with the County to meet with Ron Stephens, GA House of Representatives, chairman of Economic Development & Tourism Committee.
- Chris Harper congratulated TK King on his promotion with Georgia State Patrol.
- February 26 – Georgia Power Design Team visit
- February 27 – McIntosh County Disaster Recovery and Redevelopment Plan – Final meeting is Wednesday at 3p.m.
- February 28 – State of the City meeting at 5:30 p.m. City Hall
- March 5-6 College and Career Academy meeting and strategic planning
- March 7-8 LSEGA Bulloch County
- March 9 – Chamber Golf outing
- March 15 – Georgia Power to hose Georgia Housing Conversation
- March 16 – McIntosh Rod & Gun Club Roast on the Coast
- March 17-19 – Excursion film crew in County
- March 20-22 – Meet the Consultants SEGA is a silver sponsor for the event
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Buddy DeLoach made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously, the meeting adjourned at 6:56 p.m.
Next meeting will be Monday, March 25, 2019, 5:00 p.m. meeting.