BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
April 29, 2019
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held April 29, 2019, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 6:00 p.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting when called to order were: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin and TK King. Also, present were President Dawn Malin, Attorney Jay Duncan, and Executive Assistant Teresa Gibson.
Board Member: Ray Williams, Buddy DeLoach and Davis Poole were absent
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Chris Harper offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Jean Tinnin made the motion to approve the agenda. TK King seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. None were given and the motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the March 25, 2019 regular board meeting minutes Jean Tinnin made the motion to approve the March 25, 2019 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by TK King. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the April 18, 2019 called board meeting minutes Cliff Sowell made the motion to approve the April 18, 2019 called board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by TK King. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the March 2019 financials which mirrored March 2018 with no notable differences other than the mall assessment. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Dawn Malin gave updates on a few projects that she is working on for McIntosh County. More to come.
- Dawn Malin met with Buddy Carter last week concerning our Coastal Plains Coalition.
- Dawn Malin announced that IDO/FTZ is still working with Thomas and Hutton Engineering Co.
- CRC in our Industrial Park has a lease that will be expiring this year so this will need to be updated.
- Issues came up with the Excursion Filming that was scheduled for May, so they have rescheduled for June of this year.
- Dawn Malin announced that the CRC loan will be maturing in a few months with Southeastern Bank so that will need to be renewed.
- Dawn Malin announced that she will be attending Dive Supplier Conference which brings 43 different suppliers throughout the nation on Jekyll Island in May 2-3. SEGA is a sponsor of this event.
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked if there was a need for Executive Session and Jay Duncan replied no.
- WTC Savannah Irish Delegation came to our coast. Southeast GA Alliance had them for a one-day tour of Jekyll Island. Enjoyed dinner at Skipper’s
- Kristy Rachel with Georgia Power sat down with our 6 counties in our region to find out what troubles we are having and how the issues can be resolved.
- Attended Carl Vincent Institute of Government for a small business development class in Valdosta, Georgia.
- Met with contractor to renew and update contract concerning maintenance and expenses.
MCIDA Board Member Reports – none at this time
- May 1 – Dive conference
- May 2-3 – Leadership Southeast GA in Bryan County, GA
- May 9 – World Trade Center Savannah Annual Awards Luncheon
- June 8 – BRAG (Bicycles Ride Across Georgia) will be ending their tour here in Darien. Chamber is looking for volunteers
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Cliff Sowell made the motion to adjourn the meeting, TK King seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously, the meeting adjourned at 6:17 p.m.
Next meeting will be Monday, May 20, 2019, 5:00 p.m. workshop and 6:00 p.m. meeting.