BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
June 26, 2018
The regular meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held June 26, 2018, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 6:00 p.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting called to order were: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, TK King, and Ray Williams. Also present were President Dawn Malin, Wally Orrel, Attorney Jay Duncan, and Executive Assistant Teresa Gibson.
Board Members: JR Grovner and Mitchell Smith were absent.
Guest: Kathleen Russell
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Chris Harper offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell made the motion to approve the agenda. Ray Williams seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. Wally Orrel asked to add the third item in the new business section, MCIDA automobile plan.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the May 29, 2018 regular board meeting minutes Ray Williams made the motion to approve the May 29, 2018 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by TK King. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the May 2018 financials. Dr. Sowell reviewed the financials and explained that main difference in net income compared to May 2017 was the sale of 2 acres. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
1. Paving has been completed in the old section in Tidewaters Industrial Complex. Striping on the roads have still not been completed.
2. The 2-acre property in the Tidewaters Industrial Complex has been sold and monies have been received in the amount of $49,950.
3. The intergovernmental agreement for County to assume operation of water system located in Tidewaters Industrial Complex is moving forward and is scheduled to start on July 1, 2018.
1. Dawn Malin gave an update on the projects that we are still being considered for. The first project will have 1,800 jobs and currently we are 1 of 6 Counties that are still fighting to be chosen. The second project will have 280 jobs and a total of $81 million in capital investment.
2. Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the extension for 90 days for Oaks on the River project due to project being redesigned for the oak tree. Jean Tinnin made the motion to extend the submission agreement. The motion was seconded by Cliff Sowell. The motion passes unanimously.
3. Chris Harper requested a motion to approve placing the MCIDA automobile up for auction. Bids will be accepted for two weeks with the lowest bid starting at $10,000. Bids will end on July 13 with the highest bidder being chosen on July 16. Winner will have 24 hours to complete purchase. Ray Williams made the motion to approve selling MCIDA automobile. The motion was seconded by Cliff Sowell. The motion passes unanimously.
1. Southeast Georgia Alliance is hosting a Project Manager event August 21-22. The “Good News” lunch event will be held at our CRC and is hosted by Georgia Power.
2. Trip scheduled to Atlanta concerning the 2 projects that we are working on.
3. Coast Guard is scheduled to paint the “Life Jacket Zone” sign at the foot of our ramp of our docks in July.
4. Blues on the Bluff event is this weekend at our Waterfront Park starting at 5:30pm. Also, the watermelon social will be at the same location starting at 5pm.
MCIDA Board Member Reports
1. Chris Harper announced the McIntosh County Chamber had a really nice dinner and was well attended.
1. Cliff Sowell thanked Wally Orrel for all of his hard work as President of McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority.
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Ray Williams made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously, the meeting adjourned at 6:32 p.m.
Next meeting will be Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 5:00 p.m. workshop and 6:00 p.m. board meeting.