BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
August 28, 2018
The regular board meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held August 28, 2018, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 211 Walton St, Darien, Georgia, at 6:00 p.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting called to order were: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, and Ray Williams. Also present were President Dawn Malin, Attorney Jay Duncan, and Executive Assistant Teresa Gibson.
Board Members: JR Grovner, Mitchell Smith and TK King were absent.
Guest: Kathleen Russell
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Chris Harper offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Ray Williams made the motion to approve the agenda. Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. None were given and the motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the July 31, 2018 regular board meeting minutes Jean Tinnin made the motion to approve the July 31, 2018 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Cliff Sowell. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the July 2018 financials. Dr. Sowell reviewed the financials and explained that the 2 notable differences compared to July 2017 was the miscellaneous expense and the selling of company vehicle. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. None were asked.
- Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the 2017 audit. Cliff Sowell made the motion to approve the audit. Ray Williams seconded the motion. Harper asked if there were any questions. None were asked and the motion carried unanimously.
- Dawn Malin has 4 RFI’s out with 1 potential site visit this week. 2 of the other companies we are still competing for and 2 of the projects are a result of Southeast GA Alliance.
- Dawn Malin met with contractor to discuss timber clearing but weather has delayed process. Waiting on property to dry out to assess the timber cost.
- Dawn Malin announced that the Darien Outlet Mall has had several inquiries and have been in constant contact with the owner.
- Chris Harper announced that a couple of meetings have been set for the Tax Digest even though the rate has not changed. After the 3 public meetings, a called meeting is set for Friday morning to vote.
- McIntosh Now Steering Committee had a meeting August 3rd. They plan to have a table setup at the football games informing people of this Committee and requesting additional members.
- Met with Lucas Properties here to discuss the submission of the plans to the City review committee. They also met with potential restaurant owners and have the choices narrowed down to 2.
- Attended the GA House of Representatives Rural Development Council Meeting along with Peggy Jolley who spoke about the Regionalism, the tier system, and Economic incentives.
- SEGA had their audit report and the summary conclusion was fine.
- We had 15 Project Managers visit the area from Atlanta. This event brought in several potential projects.
- EMC hosted a panel workshop for GEDA luncheon. Follow up panels to come. Next GEDA event is the Annual Conference September 19-21.
- The Board of Education on the College and Career Academy is planning to meet at MCA on Thursday from 11-1.
MCIDA Board Member Reports – None were given
- Dawn Malin announced that the Board of Education is meeting Thursday.
- Dawn Malin announced that McIntosh Now Steering Committee is meeting this Friday at the MCA football game.
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Cliff Sowell made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Jean Tinnin seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously, the meeting adjourned at 6:22 p.m.
Next meeting will be Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 5:00 p.m. workshop and 6:00 p.m. board meeting.