BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
November 28, 2017
The regular meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held November 28, 2017, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 103 Fort King George Drive, Darien, Georgia, at 6:00 p.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting called to order were: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, TK King, JR Grovner, and Ray Williams. Also present were President Wally Orrel, Attorney Jay Duncan, and Executive Assistant Teresa Gibson.
Board Members: Mitchell Smith and Jean Tinnin were absent.
Guests: Steve Mason
Chris Harper welcomed the Board to the meeting.
Chris Harper offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the agenda. Ray Williams made the motion to approve the agenda. JR Grovner seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. None were given and the motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the October 30, 2017 regular board meeting minutes. Cliff Sowell made the motion to approve the October 30, 2017 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Ray Williams. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the October 2017 financials which mirrored October 2016. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. No questions were asked.
- Wally Orrel stated that Art Lucas has held two meetings and will be holding 1-2 town hall meeting concerning Darien waterfront projects
- Wally Orrel announced MCIDA plans to sell 10-acres of Tidewaters Industrial Complex to IDO FTZ is still moving forward but has not closed at this point.
- Wally Orrel announced an update on MCIDA Bluff property with Oaks on the River II. There has been a delay of the property closing due to a 15’ easement but plans to keep moving forward.
- Ray Williams made the motion to approve Cliff Sowell and Jean Tinnin to be the 2 signers on the Loan Modification Agreement with Southeastern Bank. The motion was seconded by TK King. The motion carried unanimously, Chris Harper abstained.
- The 2018 Budget for MCIDA has been planned but due to uncertainties the budget will not be approved until the first quarter of 2018.
- Several possibilities of locations for MCIDA office. Wally stated there is more to come.
- Natural Gas limitations has cost us a project in TIC (Dusty 2). Several questions and concerns were brought up on how to increase pressure and funding issues. Cliff Sowell suggested that we have our future park needs analyzed
- Wally Orrel announced that he will be attending a two-day meeting at GA Chamber Rural Prosperity Summit in Tifton to help get ideas with Economic Development, Tourism, Lodging, and Talent.
- The paving is complete on King Swamp Road in Tidewater Industrial Complex.
- Tidewater Industrial Complex has been cleared along I-95 making it more attractive to potential buyers.
- Wally Orrel thanked TK King for being such a great community leader and generously feeding people on Thanksgiving Day.
MCIDA Board Member Reports
- Ray Williams asked about Keep McIntosh Beautiful and what can be done to help. Chris Harper spoke about Community Development Steering Committee and how there are already over 100 residents working on improving McIntosh County.
- Ministerial breakfast has been scheduled with over 60 churches who plan to attend for the Community Development Steering Committee.
- TK King asked about options for advertisement along different highways. Chris Harper and Wally Orrel discussed prices of billboards.
Chris Harper asked Jay Duncan if there was a need for Executive Session and Mr. Duncan replied No.
Chris Harper asked if there were any announcements at this time and TK King announced that Darien’s Lighted Christmas Parade will be on December 3, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Ray Williams made the motion to adjourn the meeting, Cliff Sowell seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously, the meeting adjourned at 6:52 p.m.
Next meeting will be Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 6:00 p.m. board meeting.