BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
February 28, 2017
The regular meeting of the McIntosh County Industrial Development Authority (MCIDA) was held February 28, 2017, in the board room of the Industrial Development Authority Office, 103 Fort King George Drive, Darien, Georgia, at 6:00 p.m., Chairman, Chris Harper, called the meeting to order.
Board Members present at meeting call to order were: Chris Harper, Cliff Sowell, Jean Tinnin, Mitchell Smith, JR Grovner, TK King, and Ray Williams. Also present, guest Pete Snell, Attorney Jay Duncan, President Wally Orrel, and Executive Assistant, Karen Hlusko.
Chris Harper welcomed the Board, new Board Members as well as Pete Snell to the meeting.
Chris Harper offered the invocation which was followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
Chris Harper amended the agenda, removing the renaming of Production Row in the Tidewaters Industrial Complex until another time. Mr. Harper requested a motion to approve the meeting’s amended agenda. Cliff Sowell made the motion to approve the amended agenda. JR Grovner seconded the motion. Mr. Harper asked if there were any changes, additions, or deletions. None were given. The motion passed unanimously.
Chris Harper requested a motion to approve the January 31, 2017 regular board meeting minutes. Jean Tinnin made the motion to approve the January 31, 2017 regular board meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Mitchell Smith. The motion carried unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Cliff Sowell for the Treasurer’s Report. Dr. Sowell spoke to the Board about the January 2017 financials. Dr. Sowell asked the Board if they had any questions. No questions were asked.
- Four (4) Board Appointments, term 01.01.2017 – 12.31.2020. Chris Harper recognized the new Board Appointments, Chris Harper and Thornell “TK” King were appointed by the Darien City Council, Cliff Sowell and Ray Williams were appointed by the McIntosh County Commissioners
- New Year Business Requirements – Chris Harper discussed the approval of Southeastern Bank as the MCIDA depository institution previously tabled due to lack of a quorum. Jean Tinnin made the motion to approve Southeastern Bank as the MCIDA depository institution. Mitchell Smith seconded the motion. The motion passed. Chris Harper, employee of Southeastern Bank abstained.
- New Year Business Requirements.
- Election of Board officers. Harper called for nominations for the following Board Officer positions:
- Chairman – Cliff Sowell nominated Chris Harper to be Chairman and made the motion to appoint Chris Harper as the Chairman of the MCIDA. Mitchell Smith seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
- Vice Chairman – Cliff Sowell nominated Jean Tinnin to be Vice Chairman. Mitchell Smith made the motion to appoint Jean Tinnin Vice Chairman of the MCIDA. JR Grovner seconded the nomination, the motion carried unanimously.
- Secretary/Treasurer – Mitchell Smith nominated Cliff Sowell to be Secretary/Treasurer. Jean Tinnin made the motion to appoint Cliff Sowell to be the Secretary/Treasurer of the MCIDA. JR Grovner seconded the motion, the motion passed unanimously.
Chris Harper asked Wally Orrel for the President’s Report.
Mr. Orrel welcomed new Board Members Thornell King and Ray Williams to the Board. He continues to be optimistic that 2017 will be a great year for the community.
MCIDA Board Member Reports
Chris Harper spoke to the Board about some upcoming community events, including the annual Blessing of the Fleet and the Darien-McIntosh Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament. Ray Williams mentioned the St. Patrick’s Day Festivities at Shellman Bluff the week after St. Patrick’s Day.
Executive Session – Chris Harper asked attorney Jay Duncan if there was a need for Executive Session, to which Mr. Duncan replied yes.
Chris Harper called for a motion to move into Executive Session where real estate matters could be discussed. Jean Tinnin made the motion to move into Executive Session where real estate matters could be discussed. Mitchell Smith seconded the motion, the motion carried unanimously. The meeting moved into Executive Session at 6:18 p.m.
Chris Harper called for a motion to move out of Executive Session where real estate matters were discussed. Cliff Sowell made the motion to move out Executive Session where real estate matters were discussed back into regular session. Jean Tinnin seconded the motion, the motion carried unanimously. The regular board meeting resumed at 6:39 p.m.
Announcements – none at this time
Chris Harper called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Ray Williams made the motion to adjourn the meeting, JR Grovner seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously, the meeting adjourned at 6:40 p.m.
Next meeting will be Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 5:00 p.m. workshop and 6:00 p.m. board meeting.